I have 30 years of experience in the helping profession. I have worked with a variety of age groups and a wide range of life issues. I have always been interested in what motivates human behavior and what motivates positive behavioral change. I pursued my interest in human behavior during my 24-year career in the United States Air Force. I worked as a Substance Abuse Counselor, Mental Health Technician, and an Instructional Designer for Professional Military Education schools.
After military service, I became a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Specialist in School Psychology and a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst. I have worked in private practice, partial hospital programs, foster care family homes, and in the public-school system. Currently, I provide counseling, leadership development and personal development coaching services in my private practice.
As a personal development coach, I partner with clients in a thought provoking and creative process to help clients cast off limiting beliefs, develop specific skills, and create effective life strategies to reach personal goals.
As a leadership coach, I help emerging leaders and managers develop their people skills, professional competence plans and chart their career growth and trajectories.
Personally, I do what I ask my clients to do when I want something different to happen in my life: I set goals and design strategies that help me get what I want. I am a planner, organizer and executer of meaningful action plans! I use these same practices when working with others.
Education and Training
- MA., Psychology, Houston Baptist University
- MEd., Educational Psychology, University of Oklahoma
- BS., Social Psychology and Addiction Studies, Park University
- Impact Coaching Solutions Coach Training
- Envision Coach Training
- Envision Certified Executive and Leadership Coach Training
- American Counseling Association
- Texas Association for Behavior Analysis
- International Coaching Federation
- International Coaching Community